If you want to lose weight from the thighs, you first need to find out what really causes that a significant amount of fat accumulates in this place. Thanks to such information, it will be easier to start the weight loss process and it will be much faster, more effective and more pleasant. See what you should pay special attention to, what exercises to do and what meals to avoid, and you will certainly achieve your goal in a much shorter time.
Why is adipose tissue deposited on the thighs?
The body stores fat stores in the thighs for various purposes. This depends on age, gender and genetic addictions. What are the differences between slim, obese people and women? Do fats play the same role everywhere? The answer is no.
People who are very slim may have thick thighs, because the body stores additional fat in this area – subcutaneous. In some places, it can take the shape of “lumps”.
Obese people can also accumulate fat in their thighs. In this case, excess fat is subcutaneous and visceral in nature. Visceral fat forms around internal organs and releases hormones that increase the risk of developing diseases such as diabetes, heart disease and cancer.
In women, when estrogen levels begin to decline after menopause, the tendency to accumulate more body fat in the thighs and other areas increases. In addition, genetic traits are also of great importance here.
Reasons for the deposition of adipose tissue on the thighs
- Hormonal changes
- Lack of muscle tone
- Lack of physical exercise
- Too much sugar or alcohol consumption
- Insulin resistance
Is it difficult to lose weight from the thighs?
Losing weight from the thighs is difficult, but not impossible. The difficulties arise from the fact that fat cells are more sensitive to the action of the body’s hormones – estrogen, insulin and cortisol – than in other parts of the body. This means that the fat in these places is more difficult to burn and tends to accumulate over time if weight gain continues.
It should also be remembered that point weight loss, i.e. only in one part of the body is practically impossible. If you decide to exercise, despite the fact that individual muscles are more involved, calories are burned from the whole body, not only in this one place. Of course, the area around these muscles will burn more fat and will develop more, but the weight loss process takes place throughout the body. For this reason, “point weight loss” is a common myth. The same applies to guides that have the titles “How to lose weight from the thighs in 3 days?”. Do you know someone who lost weight in 3 days so much that it was hard to get to know him? I don’t think so. Therefore, this is another myth that is not worth believing. Weight loss is a process in which regularity and perseverance in actions is the key to success.
The best exercises for losing weight from the thighs
- The first exercise is a squat, a classic exercise for the thighs and buttocks. This exercise is performed with slightly separated legs, bent at the knees and straight arms. Then you need to do a squat until the thighs are parallel to the floor, after which you return to a standing position.
- The second exercise is trips. Stand upright, put your hands on the strap behind you and step with one leg forward so that it is bent at the knee at an angle of 90 degrees. Repeat the exercise, changing legs.
- The third exercise is squats with a jump, thanks to which you exercise the hips, thighs and buttocks. To perform this exercise, you need to stand straight, slightly bend your knees and make a jump, pushing yourself away from the floor with your toes, heading straight ahead. When landing, you should stand on your entire foot, and then go to the squat position for half a minute, after which repeat the exercise, remembering not to rest between subsequent squats.
- The fourth exercise consists of lying on your back with your feet on the floor and your hands behind your head; raise the upper body almost completely from the floor, bending at the waist and keeping your feet flat on the floor; during this movement, tighten the abdominal muscles as tightly as possible.
How to lose weight from the thighs – supplementation
How do dietary supplements work?
Supplements work by helping the body get rid of toxins and other undesirable substances. They also supplement with essential nutrients that may be missing from your regular diet. When these substances are removed from the body, it is easier to lose weight, because fat is burned much faster. Keep in mind that dietary supplements are not a substitute for a good diet and exercise program. They should be used as an additive, then they can definitely increase the effectiveness of our activities. Proper supplementation can even double the effects of our activities.
Are dietary supplements effective for losing thigh weight? Which one to choose?
Dietary supplements can help with weight loss in the thighs if they contain ingredients that stimulate the breakdown of fat cells in the thighs and buttocks. Particular attention should be paid to whether the ingredients used are of natural origin.
We have a very wide range of supplements to choose from. The choice depends on our predispositions and simply in what form we want to use the supplement. Some people prefer slimming teas, others prefer tablets or drops, and still others prefer to drink slimming coffee or another cocktail. Below are the suggestions of individual supplements:
How to quickly reduce the circumference of the thighs? Treatments
Clinical treatments are an effective method of weight loss, however, sometimes they can be associated with health consequences. The prices of treatments are also relatively high, so it is worth considering whether this type of treatment is necessary. Maybe it is worth using another method, e.g. exercise + appropriate supplementation? This is our individual decision. Below we present the most popular clinical treatments:
CoolSculpting is a non-invasive body fat reduction treatment using a technology called cryolipolysis. The doctor will use the device to freeze and kill the fat cells in your thighs, leaving your skin and muscles intact. CoolSculpting is FDA approved for the removal of belly, side and thigh fat.
Liposuction is an invasive surgical procedure that removes fat from specific areas of the body. During liposuction, the doctor will make small incisions on the thigh and insert a thin tube called a cannula into the fat layer under the skin. With the help of this tube, excess fat will be sucked out and the contour of the thighs will be given.
EMSCULPT – a non-invasive method using high-intensity electromagnetic technology that helps to firm and strengthen the thighs and buttocks. How does it work? While lying on the treatment bed, the patient is given two shoulder blades that stimulate muscle contractions, which can help firm and strengthen the muscles of the upper legs.
Shockwave therapy is an effective and safe method of eliminating cellulite, stretch marks and local fat deposits. It is a non-invasive procedure that does not require anesthesia. Shock waves are very high frequency sound waves. They are introduced into the body using a special applicator placed on the skin. This causes regeneration and fibrosis of tissues. As a result, the skin becomes more elastic and firm, and its surface – smooth. The shockwave technique is used to treat cellulite and restore skin firmness. It does not require hospitalization or a long recovery time.
How to lose weight from the thighs — what not to eat?
There are many foods you can avoid if you want to lose weight from your thighs. If you are serious about losing weight from this part of your body, I recommend following these tips:
- Avoid all fast food meals. They are one of the worst culprits when it comes to consuming too much fat and calories. That is why it is so important that you stay away from them as much as possible.
- Avoid consuming foods containing trans fats. It is a type of fat that has been linked to heart disease and obesity. When choosing a food, make sure that it contains only natural fat, such as olive oil or butter.
- Avoid processed foods and sugary snacks. These types of foods contain a lot of empty calories, which do not help at all in burning fat! Instead, choose complex carbohydrates, such as whole grains or brown rice.
Summarizing what ingredients and products to avoid: light bread, white rice, pasta, alcoholic and carbonated drinks, sugar and sweets, salt, food additives and preservatives, trans fats, hydrogenated oils and margarine, pesticides and herbicides, allergens such as wheat and gluten.
How to lose weight from the thighs? 6 practical tips
- Take care of proper hydration of the body – Do not suggest information that recommends consuming 2 liters of water per day. Remember that this is the minimum dose. The right amount of water depends on your body weight, so it’s worth using calculators that will help you choose the right dose for you.
- Introduce vegetables and fruits into your diet. A balanced diet is one that contains the right amount of calories, but also provides adequate nutrition for the body. Otherwise, it will not be able to function properly
- Make sure that meals are at fixed times. Regular meals are an essential element to quickly and effectively lose weight from the thigh and from other parts of the body. Thanks to this, the metabolism will work faster, and fat burning will be much more efficient.
- Avoid fatty and fried foods. Many nutritionists recommend reducing body fat from the thighs to start here. Healthy eating is essential, so choose cooked or baked foods.
- Eliminate stimulants, sweets and carbonated drinks.
- Physical activity. Regular strength exercises or interval training, cardio can bring the best results only if it is done systematically. If you are a beginner, you can start the weight loss process by doing exercises such as: squats, cycling, swimming, brisk walking. Such physical activity will not only allow you to burn fat from the thighs, remove cellulite and model the muscles of the buttocks, but will additionally improve the overall appearance of the legs by slimming the skin. Be sure not to overdo it with too frequent workouts. At first, 3 times a week is the right amount.