Healthy kidneys are essential if you want to live happily ever after. Our kidneys are responsible for cleansing our body, eliminating excess fluids or harmful toxins from our body and helping to regulate blood pressure. See how you can easily improve their work.
How to take care of the kidneys and support their work?
If you want to take care of your health, you need to support the work of your organs. The kidneys are one of the most important organs in our body because they filter the blood and remove harmful substances from it.
When taking care of the kidneys, you should first of all drink the right amount of fluids every day. Poorly hydrated have trouble maintaining the filtration function and can be permanently damaged. A healthy diet is also important. The less harmful substances are introduced into the body (preservatives, stimulants, drugs), the lower the burden on the kidneys. It is also worth remembering to regularly empty the bladder – holding urine is not only painful, but also dangerous to health. Harmful substances should be removed from the body as soon as possible.
Symptoms of sick and weakened kidneys
Because the kidneys filter the blood, they remove waste and excess water from the body. When your kidneys start to fail, waste products can accumulate in your body. They can also cause other problems, including swelling (edema), high blood pressure, and high blood sugar.
If you have diabetes and your kidneys are damaged, you may experience even more complications. This is because diabetes already increases the risk of kidney disease and kidney failure.
Kidney disease has no symptoms until it’s advanced enough to cause permanent damage, which means you don’t know if you have early-stage kidney disease unless you get tested. At a more advanced stage, you may experience symptoms such as:
- Fatigue or weakness
- Nausea and vomiting
- High blood pressure
- Decreased appetite
- Dry, itchy skin
- Slow-healing wounds
- Problems urinating (weak stream)
How can herbs help cleanse the kidneys?
Herbs can help detoxify and cleanse the kidneys by removing waste products from the blood and filtering them out of the body. They also help balance fluid levels, which is important for preventing kidney stones. These herbs can be used as part of a kidney cleansing program or taken separately. Examples of such herbs can be:
1) Dandelion – Dandelion is a powerful diuretic that stimulates the production of urine. It also helps expel excess fluid from cells and tissues, supporting low-sodium diets.
2) Uva Ursi is another diuretic herb that improves kidney function by increasing the amount of urine excreted. It also has antiseptic properties that help reduce infections in the urinary tract, reducing pain when urinating.
3) Juniper – Juniper berries have been used for centuries as a detoxifier in traditional medicine, as they facilitate urination and help remove toxins from the body.
How to clean the kidneys with home remedies
Cleansing your kidneys with home remedies is a great way to help them work in a better and more efficient way.
- Eat more fruits and vegetables every day. Most fruits and vegetables contain plenty of vitamins and nutrients that our bodies need to function properly.
- Drink plenty of water every day. Drinking plenty of water helps flush toxins out of the body so that they don’t accumulate in our systems and don’t cause problems later on (such as kidney disease).
- Consume more potassium-rich foods: Potassium helps in maintaining a proper fluid balance in our body and also helps regulate sodium levels.
When to carry out kidney cleansing?
Most people don’t realize they have a problem until their kidneys start to fail. The kidneys are the main organs responsible for filtering the body’s blood and removing harmful waste products from it. When our kidneys become overloaded with toxins, they can stop functioning at full capacity, which can lead to serious health complications later on.
It is recommended to carry out kidney cleansing before or after the detoxification program, especially if we are dealing with chronic health problems. However, you can also carry out kidney cleansing at any time during the year as a preventive measure against future diseases.
Natural regeneration of the kidneys
This is a natural process that can be stimulated with the right supplements. For example, magnesium has been found to help the kidneys eliminate excess calcium from the body and reduce the risk of kidney stones. Vitamin C also has some protective properties against kidney stones by neutralizing free radicals in your body.