Blackheads on the nose is a problem that can affect any of us. They are unsightly and can be a cause of discomfort. Fortunately, there are several methods to remove them. With these simple and effective ways, you can quickly deal with this problem and regain the beautiful appearance of your skin!
Where do blackheads on the nose come from – causes
Blackheads on the nose can appear for various reasons. The most common causes are:
- Excessive sebum production – Sebum is a fat that we secrete from the skin. It is necessary to protect the skin from external factors, but its excessive production can lead to the formation of blackheads.
- Blocked pores – Pores can become clogged as a result of excessive sebum production, but also due to environmental pollution or the use of cosmetics that clog them.
- Bacteria – can develop in clogged pores and cause the formation of efflorescence. They can also be the cause of inflammation.
- Hormonal disorders such as hyperthyroidism or hypothyroidism, diabetes or PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome)
- Diet – Certain foods and drinks can make acne worse, such as chocolate, coffee, sugary sodas, animal fats, and alcohol. If you have a problem with acne, avoid these foods or limit their consumption.
- Stress – can cause an increase in the level of the stress hormone in the blood (cortisol), which can aggravate acne. That’s why it’s important to find ways to manage stress, such as relaxation exercises or meditation.
How to get rid of blackheads on the nose?
There are several ways to get rid of blackheads on the nose. The easiest and most effective way is proper skin care. It includes: cleansing, moisturizing, exfoliating dead skin cells and protection against harmful external factors. These actions reduce the secretion of sebum and prevent clogging of the openings of the sebaceous glands, as well as support the regeneration of the skin in case of its damage. In addition to this, we can also apply home remedies such as face masks, cosmetic treatments, cleansing patches or apply appropriate cosmetics that can help remove the problem. Many people also prefer to squeeze blackheads on their own, however, this can lead to damage to the surface of the skin.
Deep blackheads – removal. Aesthetic medicine treatments
Cosmetic procedures are an effective way to remove blackheads. For this purpose, different types of facial scrubs are used to gently loosen blackheads from the pores, and then chemicals such as glycolic or salicylic acid can be used to dissolve the impurities accumulated under the skin. Blackhead removal procedures are usually performed in a series of sessions, depending on how serious the case is.
The most popular and effective procedure for removing blackheads involves the use of a laser. It consists in heating the surrounding tissue, which causes the pores to open and allow them to drain properly by removing excess sebum, dirt and dead skin cells that have accumulated inside. The procedure is relatively painless, but after the procedure there may be some discomfort and redness, as the pores adapt to the new state.
Equally commonly used treatments are: microdermabrasion and removal of blackheads using water vapor.
Cosmetics for blackheads on the nose
The most important thing is to protect the skin from the sun, as it is able to darken the pores, which in turn can make blackheads more visible.
In addition to sun protection, it is worth buying a suitable moisturizer. It protects the skin from dryness and reduces the risk of new imperfections. If you have oily skin, look for a moisturizer that has fat-absorbing properties, such as green tea extract, which will help control sebum production.
A good scrub is also helpful in maintaining healthy facial skin – usually once or twice a week it should be used. Peels should be gentle enough not to irritate sensitive skin, but strong enough to remove dead cells and impurities from the pores.
It is also worth using cosmetics that improve skin tone. However, it should be remembered that the cosmetics we use should be hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic.
The combination of the above elements can be dietary supplements that take care of proper hydration of the skin, reduce any imperfections and provide our body with essential nutrients. Products worth paying attention to are: Re:nev Skin, Collagen Select, Premium Collagen 5000.
Patches for blackheads on the nose
Nose patches are an innovation in the world of cosmetics and if you have blackheads and are looking for an easy and painless way to get rid of them, then this may be the perfect product for you! They are made of 100% cotton and dipped in a solution consisting mainly of water with the addition of witch hazel, which is a key ingredient. Witch hazel has been used for centuries as a natural tonic, making it an excellent choice for oily skin such as the one in the T-zone (including the nose). The second component is activated carbon, which very effectively removes any impurities. By using the patches, you will be able to remove all the impurities that have accumulated in the pores, including dirt, sebum and dead skin cells. The advantage of using nose patches is that it does not require any experience or skills. It is enough to lie down comfortably and relax, while they gently pull out the accumulated impurities from the inside of the pores.
How to remove blackheads on the nose – home remedies
Mask for blackheads on the nose
- Mix 2 tablespoons of oat flour with 2 tablespoons of water and apply to the face. Wash off after 15 minutes. This mask perfectly cleanses and also regulates the secretion of sebum.
- Another mask contains ingredients such as 2 teaspoons of food gelatin and 2 tablespoons of water or milk. Making it is very simple. Gelatin should be distributed in water or milk and then allowed to stand for a few minutes until completely dissolved. Then you need to apply it on the nose and leave it for about 20 minutes until it dries. Gelatin helps to remove blackheads, regulates the secretion of sebum and has an antibacterial effect.
- Egg mask. Mix the protein with the yolk and add the lemon juice. The protein acts as a sponge, absorbs excess sebum. The yolk has an antibacterial effect, while lemon juice has an acidic effect, which helps to lighten discolorations. Be careful that lemon juice does not get into the eyes! Finally, you need to rinse your face with lukewarm water.
How to remove blackheads from the nose in a child
Removing blackheads on the nose in a child is not an easy task. Many tools and methods used in adults are not safe for use in children due to the risk of injury or infection. The baby’s skin is much more delicate and for this reason it is discouraged to carry out an individual treatment for the removal of blackheads. The best option is to go to a dermatologist who will determine the health of the skin and on this basis will take the right steps to eliminate the problem.
If the child is slightly older, we can try to use delicate face masks. However, when performing this activity, we must be very scrupulous. Carefully protect the child’s mouth and eyes to isolate them from external factors, as well as from the action of mask ingredients.
How to prevent blackheads on the nose?
Care for the skin will help prevent their formation. If possible, avoid stimulants such as cigarettes and any other products that dry the skin. Use gentle soap instead of harsh chemicals and stay away from alcoholic beverages. You can also invest in a good moisturizer or lotion – although it doesn’t always eliminate blackheads, it helps keep your skin soft and elastic so it doesn’t dry out and get damaged.
If you are dealing with particularly persistent blackheads that cause inflammation, you should consider seeking professional help. Removing such blackheads individually can only lead to a worsening of the problem.